Join the VCW Team
Part-Time Licensed Therapist.
Village Counseling and Wellness is a mental health treatment center that offering comprehensive outpatient Dialectical Behavioral Therapy programs for adults and teens. We also provide additional therapy services, such as individual and family therapy, psychological testing, and neurofeedback. Founded in 2007 by Suzette Bray, LMFT, Village Counseling and Wellness offers services in the Burbank and Glendale areas.
Village Counseling and Wellness has four distinct services that it offers: Intensive and standard DBT programs for adults and teens, neurofeedback testing, psychological testing, and talk therapy for individuals and families.
Our therapists are vital members of the Village Counseling and Wellness team. This position provides direct DBT-based treatment services to a diverse client population. Services include individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and DBT skills trainings.
The Licensed Clinical Therapist role is a part-time position with the expectation of approximately 10-15 hours/week. The entirety of the work will be done in the office, and will not require participation in any additional duties outside of delivery of group therapy and completion of notes in a timely fashion.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled clinician with experience providing DBT treatment to individuals, families, and groups. At this time, responsibilities entail:
- Provide individual DBT-based treatment services to clients with a variety of diagnoses, including Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, depression, and anxiety.
- Provide DBT skills training groups to clients in our Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult DBT Program, and Teen DBT Program.
- Willing to provide phone coaching for clients when not working in the office.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all individual, group, and training sessions.
- Engage in all practice-wide professional development trainings to further develop or strengthen clinical skills and DBT knowledge.
- Participate in weekly case consultation meetings with entire Clinical Team and Director Team.
- Competence providing DBT services to a diverse client population
- Ability to follow practice policies and ensure that treatment services are in accordance with DBT practices.
- Good people skills and ability to connect with people in a warm, nurturing way while also setting boundaries and enforcing policies.
- Knowledge of scope of practice and understanding of situations that require consultation with supervisor.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage client caseload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team.
- Licensed in CA as a Psychologist (Psy.D. or Ph.D.), MFT, LCSW or LPC.
- Minimum one-year experience providing DBT-based therapy services in an outpatient setting.
- Completion of intensive DBT training or DBT certification by DBT training program OR one year experience providing DBT services or other evidenced-based treatments to clients with multiple complex problems
- Prior experience providing DBT treatment services in outpatient setting preferred, but not required.
- Availability and willingness to work two evenings a week.
The Licensed Clinical Therapist will report to the Executive Director and will be supervised by Contract Supervisor.
Hourly compensation is based on experience and qualifications (past clinical experience and amount of DBT treatment experience.)
To apply for our Licensed Therapist position, please use the button below to email a resume and cover letter describing your relevant qualifications and experiences, as well as your salary history. Please include LICENSED THERAPIST in the subject line of your email.