Join the VCW Team
Part-Time Licensed Therapist.
Founded in 2007 by Suzette Bray, LMFT, Village Counseling and Wellness is a mental health treatment center offering comprehensive outpatient Dialectical Behavior Therapy programs for adults and teens. We also provide individual and family therapy and an anxiety group for teens. At this time, Village Counseling and Wellness is only providing services via teletherapy. We will continue providing teletherapy for the foreseeable future, which has allowed us to open our services to clients throughout the state of California and to hire clinicians outside of our local area.
Village Counseling and Wellness has four services that it currently offers via teletherapy: Intensive Outpatient, Comprehensive DBT Programs, Online DBT Skills Classes, and talk therapy for individuals and families.
Our Licensed Clinical Therapists are a vital member of the Village Counseling and Wellness team. This role is a part-time position with the expectation of approximately 10-15 hours/week with opportunity for increase in hours. The entirety of the work will be done via teletherapy, and will not require participation in any additional duties outside of delivery of individual and/or group therapy and completion of notes in a timely fashion. The role will provide traditional talk DBT therapy services to individuals and families.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled clinician with experience providing effective online therapy to individuals, families, and groups. Training in an evidenced-based modality, such as DBT, CBT, or EMDR, is required.
At this time, responsibilities entail:
- Provide individual therapy treatment services to clients with a variety of diagnoses.
- Engage in all practice-wide professional development trainings to further develop or strengthen clinical skills and DBT knowledge.
- Complete electronic notes, current treatment plan and obtain client payments in a timely fashion
- Formulate DSM 5 diagnoses, as needed and appropriate
- Schedule & re-schedule clients for psychotherapy sessions with you
- With support, manage client’s emergencies if/as they arise
- Consult with other providers, psychiatrists, and family members when appropriate
The following competencies are required for this clinical position:
- Competence providing therapy services to a diverse client population. Preference will be given to clinicians who are experienced in evidenced-based practices such as DBT, CBT, and EMDR.
- Ability to complete high-quality session documentation in a timely manner.
- Good people skills and ability to connect with people in a warm, nurturing way while also setting boundaries and enforcing policies.
- Ability to follow practice policies.
- Knowledge of scope of practice and understanding of situations that require consultation with supervisor.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage client caseload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team.
The following qualifications are required for this position, unless otherwise noted:
- Licensed in CA as a Psychologist (Psy.D. or Ph.D.), MFT, LCSW or LPC.
- Minimum one-year experience providing therapy services in an outpatient or private practice setting, ideally with a specific focus on DBT, CBT, mindfulness, and/or Seeking Safety modalities.
- Availability and willingness to work days and a minimum of two evenings a week.
The Licensed Therapist will report to the Lead Clinical Supervisor.
Hourly compensation is based on experience and qualifications (past clinical experience and amount of DBT treatment experience.)
To apply for our Licensed Therapist position, please use the button below to email a resume and cover letter describing your relevant qualifications and experiences, as well as your salary history. Please include LICENSED THERAPIST in the subject line of your email.