Join the VCW Team
Part-time Contract Therapist.
Village Counseling and Wellness is a mental health treatment center offering outpatient comprehensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy programs for adults and teens. We also provide additional therapy services, such as individual and family therapy, psychological testing, and neurofeedback. Founded in 2007 by Suzette Bray, LMFT, Village Counseling and Wellness offers services in the Burbank and Glendale areas.
Our Programming Village Counseling and Wellness has four distinct services that it offers: Intensive and standard DBT programs for adults and teens, neurofeedback testing, psychological testing, and talk therapy for individuals and families.
Job Details Our Contract Therapist position will provide some DBT and extensive non-DBT psychoeducation and skills-based group therapy services to a diverse client population. The Contract Therapist role is a part-time contracted position with the expectation of approximately 10 hours/week. The entirety of the work will be done in the office, and will not require participation in any additional duties outside of delivery of group therapy and completion of notes in a timely fashion.
Job Duties We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled clinician with experience providing CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, and/or Seeking Safety treatment to psychoeducational groups. At this time, responsibilities entail:
- Facilitate psychoeducational and skills training groups focusing on CBT, mindfulness, and Seeking Safety in our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), Adult Comprehensive DBT Program, and Teen Comprehensive DBT Program to clients with a variety of diagnoses, including Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, depression, and anxiety.
- Co-facilitate DBT skills training groups in our Intensive Outpatient Program to clients with a variety of diagnoses, including Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, depression, and anxiety.
- Maintain required documentation for all group therapy sessions.
- Competence providing DBT services to a diverse client population.
- Ability to complete high-quality session documentation in a timely manner.
- Strong people skills and ability to connect with people in a warm, nurturing way while also maintaining effective boundaries and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow practice policies and ensure that DBT treatment services are in accordance with comprehensive DBT best-practices.
- Knowledge of scope of practice and understanding of situations that require consultation with supervisor.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage client caseload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team.
- Possession of a California licensure as a Psychologist (Psy.D. or Ph.D.), MFT, LCSW or LPC for a minimum of two years.
- Minimum one-year experience providing group therapy services in an outpatient setting, with a specific focus on CBT, mindfulness, and/or Seeking Safety modalities.
- Prior experience providing DBT treatment services in outpatient setting preferred, but not required.
- Availability and willingness to work days and a minimum of two evenings a week.
Reporting Structure The Contract Therapist will report to the Director of Training & Clinical Development and/or the Lead Clinical Supervisor.
Salary & Benefits Hourly compensation is based on past clinical experience and qualifications.
To Apply To apply for our Contract Therapist position, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your relevant qualifications and experiences, as well as your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.