Join the VCW Team
Part-Time Associate Therapist.
Village Counseling and Wellness is a mental health treatment center offering comprehensive outpatient Dialectical Behavior Therapy programs for adults and teens. We also provide additional therapy services, such as individual and family therapy and an anxiety group for teens. Founded in 2007 by Suzette Bray, LMFT, Village Counseling and Wellness offers services in the Burbank, Glendale, N. Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, and the rest of the San Fernando Valley areas.areas. Village Counseling and Wellness is currently providing all services via teletherapy at this time, and will resume in-person programming when appropriate.
Village Counseling and Wellness has three distinct services that it offers: Adult outpatient programs (IOP, DBT group, and virtual DBT Skills group), Teen outpatient programs (DBT group and teen anxiety group), and talk therapy for individuals and families. Our IOP program and teen anxiety programs are not currently running due to current circumstances and will begin again once in-person services resume. Our DBT groups (adult and teens), individual therapy, and DBT Skills groups are all provided through teletherapy at this time.
Our Associate Clinical Therapists are a vital member of the Village Counseling and Wellness team. This position provides direct DBT-based treatment services to a diverse client population. Services include individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and DBT skills trainings.
The Associate Clinical Therapist role is a part-time position who will co-lead DBT groups and provide some individual therapy. This position has the potential to increase to full-time status. The entirety of this work will not require participation in any additional duties outside of delivery of individual and group therapy, and completion of notes in a timely fashion.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled clinician with experience providing therapy services to individuals, families, and groups. Previous experience providing DBT services is preferred but not required. At this time, responsibilities entail:
- Provide individual DBT-based treatment services to clients with a variety of diagnoses, including Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, depression, and anxiety.
- Co-lead DBT skills training groups to clients in our Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult DBT Program, and Teen DBT Program. Each DBT group will be led by a Licensed Clinician, and pre-licensed Clinicians will act as co-leads.
- Willing to provide phone coaching for clients when not working in the office.
- Engage in all practice-wide professional development trainings to further develop or strengthen clinical skills and DBT knowledge.
- Participate in weekly case consultation meetings with the entire clinical team.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all individual, group, and training sessions.
The following competencies are required for this clinical position:
- Competence providing therapy services to a diverse client population, especially group facilitation.
- Previous experience providing DBT services is highly preferred.
- Ability to complete high-quality session documentation in a timely manner.
- Good people skills and ability to connect with people in a warm, nurturing way while also setting boundaries and enforcing policies.
- Ability to follow practice policies and ensure that treatment services are in accordance with DBT practices.
- Knowledge of scope of practice and understanding of situations that require consultation with supervisor.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage client caseload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team.
The following qualifications are required for this position, unless otherwise noted:
- Licensed in CA such as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapy (AMFT), Associate Licensed Social Work (LCSW-A).
- Minimum one-year experience providing group therapy services in an outpatient setting, ideally with a focus on DBT, CBT, mindfulness, and/or Seeking Safety modalities.
- Completion of intensive DBT training or DBT certification by DBT training program preferred, but not required. Experience providing DBT services will be accepted in lieu of intensive training or certification.
- Prior experience providing DBT treatment services in outpatient setting preferred, but not required.
- Availability and willingness to work days and a minimum of two evenings a week.
The Associate Therapist will report to the Executive Director.
Hourly compensation is based on experience and qualifications (past clinical experience and amount of DBT treatment experience.)
To apply for our Associate Therapist position, please use the button below to email a resume and cover letter describing your relevant qualifications and experiences, as well as your salary history. Please include ASSOCIATE THERAPIST in the subject line of your email.