Join the VCW Team
Part-Time Outreach & Admissions Manager.
Village Counseling and Wellness is a mental health treatment center that offering comprehensive outpatient Dialectical Behavioral Therapy programs for adults and teens. We also provide additional therapy services, such as individual and family therapy and neurofeedback. Founded in 2007 by Suzette Bray, LMFT, Village Counseling and Wellness offers services in the Burbank and Glendale areas.
Village Counseling and Wellness has three distinct services that it offers: Intensive and standard DBT programs for adults and teens, neurofeedback testing, and talk therapy for individuals and families.
The Outreach & Admissions Manager is a critical member of the Village Counseling and Wellness team who will oversee the marketing, outreach, and client admissions operations of the center, including developing referral relationships with other providers, establishing VCW as a step-down program for in-patient treatment centers, and
The Outreach & Admissions Manager role is currently a part-time position starting at 25 hours/week, with room to increase over time. The role requires a set weekly schedule, with some time spent in the office and some time spent in the field. Some work may be able to be done virtually. Attendance at evening and/or weekend networking events may be required.
This position is ideal for somebody with professional or personal experience in outreach, marketing, or treatment in an inpatient or outpatient setting. It may also be a good opportunity for a clinician looking to expand outside of clinical work. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented team player who will be comfortable overseeing the admissions, operations, and administrative duties for Village Counseling and Wellness. The Outreach & Admissions Manager is a new position and will evolve over time with the input and contributions of the new hire. At this time, duties entail:
OUTREACH SUPPORT, including:
- Identifying referral sources and relationship-building opportunities to increase VCW’s network.
- Establishing new relationships and strengthening current relationships with other mental health and wellness providers.
- Attending networking events and community events as VCW’s ambassador.
- Planning and managing an ongoing events calendar, and executing networking events such as lunch & learns, meet & greets, and training events to expand VCW’s name in the local mental health community.
- Managing VCW’s social media channels, including developing content and graphics.
- Overseeing the development of marketing materials for center.
- Identifying other marketing opportunities.
NEW CLIENT OUTREACH, including:
- Responding to new client inquiries and taking new clients through the entire admissions process, including a “meet and greet” phone call.
- Discussing insurance coverage and payment options with new clients as part of admissions process.
- Scheduling intake assessment with Clinical Director.
- Ensuring all intake paperwork is complete before treatment begins.
- Setting client file up in Electronic Health Record (EHR) program.
- Good people skills and ability to connect with people in a warm, nurturing way while also setting boundaries and enforcing policies.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple project and events with limited supervision and guidance.
- Knowledge of CRM program to manage ongoing relationships.
- Attention to detail with strong project management and relationship management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to discern information and share on as-needed basis throughout the practice.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience with outreach & marketing and/or intake & admissions.
- Previous experience working in the mental health field desired.
- Current valid driver’s license.
Technology skills include:
- Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cloud-based platforms such as Dropbox, Google Docs, and EHR programs (experience with TherapyNotes a plus)
The Outreach & Admissions Manager will report to the Executive Director.
Hourly compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
To apply for our Outreach & Admissions Manager position, please use the button below to email a resume and cover letter describing your relevant qualifications and experiences, as well as your salary history. Please include OUTREACH & ADMISSIONS MANAGER in the subject line of your email.